Open Culture is a Community Interest Company with the mission to increase the profile of and engagement with arts and culture on Merseyside.
Open Culture is led by Charlotte Corrie and Christina Grogan. We have been active since late 2007, and prior to becoming an independent community interest company we were part of the Liverpool Culture Company for Liverpool European Capital of Culture 2008.
Culture is for everyone and the arts provide the means to express ourselves and connect with others in ways that other forms of communication can’t achieve. We believe arts and culture should lie at the heart of all Social Policy, as they improve quality of life and wellbeing for individuals and communities in terms of Regeneration, Health, Education and Crime Reduction, as has been proved time and again.
Open Culture aim to nurture and support the arts across Merseyside via a variety of projects. Our Values, Aims and Services are as follows:
- Culture is for everyone
- Strength in collaboration and partnerships
- Audience development & participation
- Growth in the cultural economy
- Arts as a positive tool in health and wellbeing
- Ecological principles: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle
- Inspire people to create culture
- Develop audience’s knowledge and access to cultural events and activities
- Develop new audiences and increase engagement in arts and culture
- Help cultural organisations and individuals to showcase and promote themselves
- Facilitate partnerships and collaborations to maximise the cultural offer on Merseyside
- The Open Culture website provides a free online space for Liverpool’s cultural community to share and promote their cultural activity whether it’s artworks, prose, promoting events and more. The website also provides up to date News and DIY opportunities from around Merseyside; plus its Signposting, Funding and Culture Swap sections can help creatives with their own projects.
- Open Culture offers a signposting service for anyone interested in arts and culture. We aim to point people in the right direction whether they are interested in attending an event, getting directly involved, organising an event etc.
Open Culture provides a range of professional arts management services, these include:
- Project development, consultancy and evaluation
- Project and event management
- Partnership development & fundraising
- Mentoring across a range of arts practices
- Press and copy-writing
- Online and print marketing services
Partners and Clients include:
Liverpool Decade of Health & Wellbeing
Up For Arts
Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS)
LARC (Liverpool Art Regeneration Consortium)
Liverpool City Central BID
Liverpool Arena and Convention Centre
St George’s Hall
The Reader Organisation
National Museums Liverpool
West Everton Community Council (WECC)
Wild in Art
Trinity Mirror Merseyside
And many more…